Friday 19 December 2014

Soothing Stone

In contrast to my last post where I gathered together shiny images, today I have gathered some images of creamy golden stone. They sooth me. 

I walked past an apartment block on our street for nine years without noticing this lovely detail. Then one day, when walking on the other side of the road it came into my field of vision. Moral of the story? Change the side of the road you usually walk along, you may see something new!


Here is one of the windows in the Église Saint-Eustache, near Les Halles in Paris' 1st arrondissement. A heart with some intricate carving below.


The next two images are of the Palais du Luxembourg, in the Jardin du Luxembourg.



The facade of the Palais de Chaillot by Trocadero.


A stone wall in the Jardin des Tuileries.


The facade of the Basilica Cathedral of St Denis.


The Pont Neuf.


And finally a crow, pauses on the borders of the Seine.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.