Saturday 5 March 2011

Looking for Spring

Anybody who has been in Paris these past few days will know that the weather has been gorgeous. I don't think I've seen a cloud for three days. It's cold, but if you find a sheltered spot out of the wind, and in the sun, you can feel the warmth of the sun on your face. You really can. 

I went for a stroll the other day to one of our local parks, Square Léon Serpollet, just south of rue Marcadet in the 18th arrondissent. It's a big park by Paris standards (if you exclude the Jardin du Luxembourg, les Tuileries, La Butte Chaumont and Parc Monceau etc.), surrounded on all sides by apartment blocks, so no traffic noise. The gardeners of this park are really amazing, and throughout the year, in the same flower bed, new and interesting plants and flowers will pop up. 

The other day I went on the hunt for signs of spring. I found plenty! This blossom was first to attract my attention. I remember this tree from last year, when in full bloom it's amazing.
I then noticed these green delights.
Here are some yellow blooms.
I'm no gardener myself that's for sure. In fact what I'm best at is killing plants, but I can tell that these are clear evidence of spring.
Here are a few flowers. Nature is quite amazing. Look at this crocus.
And some other flowers. I'm not sure of their names.
Some red berries...or something.
And finally this lace curtain.
My great aunt would have crocheted things a bit like this.
Feel free to enlighten me on what some of these flowers are!













3 comments:

  1. I just love your photography. The crocheted-looking tree flowers are probably wisteria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you both!

    Aren't wisteria flowers usually purple? Or can they be other colours as well?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.